Find Your Perfect School
When the majority of countries shifted toward globalization in the early 2000s, it was the time when international business began.
International business relates to an activity or situation when business organizations cross their country’s borders to produce or distribute their products or services. It can be carried out by multinational companies doing business in other countries or by individuals engaged in the importation or exportation of goods.
Check this out: Best Schools with Online Bachelor’s in E-Business
As the state of business and economic interdependence intensified, global trade became a specialty on its own. It was the time when the need for individuals with knowledge and skills to execute international trade processes became inevitable. It paved the way for the conceptualization of bachelor’s in international business degree programs.
Undergraduate online international business degree programs educate students about international trade between business enterprises worldwide. It provides them with a good understanding of the management of business operations from a global perspective.
Quick audio summary:
As a prospective student of an online international business degree program, you need to do research for schools that offer a quality academic program that suits your financial capability.
To help you find the most suitable online international business degree program, we conducted research and produced a list of schools that might interest you. We based our selection on the following factors:
- Availability of the Bachelor’s in International Business program online or in a hybrid learning format,
- Official accreditation from a Department of Education-recognized accrediting body, including the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Higher Learning Commission, International Accreditation Council for Business Education, and New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc.,
- Rigorous coursework featuring international business-relevant courses and subjects, preparing students for graduate studies or work upon graduation,
- Above-average academic quality, with distance learning classes facilitated by seasoned instructors with a considerable contribution to or experience in international business transactions and operations,
- Availability of financial assistance options to undergraduate online learners,
- A stellar reputation among industry associations focusing on advancing International Business as a degree and profession.
See our process of selecting the best schools and programs. Please visit our Methodology page.
10 Best Online Bachelor’s in Business Management with a Concentration in International Business
Location: There are several locations across the U.S.
The Bachelor’s in International Business degree online program at Columbia College aims to provide you with global business skills through comprehensive coursework in global marketing, international economics, and cross-cultural management.
It is dedicated to teaching you about business strategies that you can apply in various international settings. It develops and hones your knowledge of international business law, international finance, and different foreign policies in the business world.
Columbia College is recognized as an institution of higher learning by HLC. It honors Federal Student Aid and offers institutional scholarships, grants, and private loans.
Florida International University
Location: Miami, Florida
The online BBA with an International Business concentration at Florida International University provides you with a broad understanding of international business principles and information technology. It immerses you in an extensive study of international trade, foreign exchange systems, and the effective management of a business in a cross-cultural environment.
FIU’s academic programs are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The university offers financial assistance options via Federal and state grants, scholarships, and Federal, PLUS, and Private loans.
Fort Hays State University
Location: Hays, Kansas
Fort Hays University declares that its online Bachelor of Business Administration program with a major in International Business and Economics will equip you with solid knowledge in critical business subjects, including accounting, finance, economics, marketing, and management.
Its international business and economics curriculum exposes you to international markets and provides you with a good understanding of international business practices, cultural diversity, and languages.
FHSU’s academic programs are recognized by HLC. Financial assistance options are also available at the university in the form of loans, grants, scholarships, and Federal and state student aid.
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
Liberty University’s BS in International Business online degree program aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills to conduct business in the international market. It focuses on providing you with a deep understanding of legal, political, and economic matters associated with conducting business in the global business playing field.
Liberty University’s online academic programs comply with the standards of the SACSCOC. In an effort to address some students’ need for financial assistance, LU welcomes students who need Federal and state grants and loans. It also offers mission and scholarship programs to deserving students who need financial help.
Minnesota State University
Location: Mankato, Minnesota
The BS in International Business online degree program at Minnesota State University is dedicated to providing you with global business knowledge and skills and preparing you for management roles in international business operations. It also aims to deepen your understanding of major issues in the international marketplace, including cultural differences, financial variances, and political influence in business.
The Higher Learning Commission recognizes MSU’s compliance with HLC’s academic standards. MSU offers financial assistance options through university scholarships, military and veteran benefits, and a work-study program. It also honors Federal and state grants, Federal Direct Loans, and third-party payments.
Minot State University
Location: Minot, North Dakota
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in International Business online program at Minot State University aims to prepare you for careers that require adeptness in global business processes. It is dedicated to providing you with solid competencies in international management, advertising, sales, marketing, and public relations.
The university’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in International Business curriculum is committed to enhancing your knowledge in cross-cultural relations, verbal and non-verbal communication, and critical thinking skills.
Minot State University’s academic programs comply with the standards of HLC and the IACBE. It offers financial assistance options to students through Federal and state grants, undergraduate scholarships, and Federal loans.
Cambridge College Global
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The Bachelor of Science in International Business online program of Cambridge College Global of Business is designed for students who aspire to embark on a career in international business engagements. It focuses on providing its online international business majors with a broad understanding of fundamental business subjects such as economics, international finance, ethics, international business law, marketing, and global human resources management.
CCG’s online BS in International Business curriculum aims to harness and refine your knowledge and skills in leadership, global business communication and management, problem-solving, cross-cultural relations, and many more.
Cambridge College Global is recognized by NECHE as a provider of undergraduate and graduate education. It extends financial assistance options to students such as Federal Grant, Federal Loans, and Federal PLUS Loans.
Oral Roberts University
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Oral Roberts University tailors its 100% online Bachelor of Science in International Business program to provide you with a strong business foundation combined with rigorous training on international business. The university does all these with coursework in Evangelism and Mission as your minor. It also aims to mold you into an excellent international business specialist with a passion for ministry.
As a Christian university, ORU commits to educating you not only in mind and body but in spirit as well.
The HLC recognizes ORU’s compliance with its academic standards. The university honors Federal and state financial aid and offers financial assistance to qualified students through scholarships and grants.
Southern New Hampshire University
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Southern New Hampshire University offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in International Business online program designed to create innovative solutions to identified challenges in the global marketplace.
The program aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in the global financial markets by immersing you in courses such as international strategic marketing and global financial systems and providing you with a deep understanding of the management, cultural, and political, elements that influence international business.
Southern New Hampshire University is accredited by NECHE. It honors federal and state grants and offers financial assistance options to students through student loans and scholarships.
University of Houston Downtown
Location: Houston, Texas
The University of Houston Downtown offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in International Business online degree program to address the demand for skilled business professionals to run business enterprises in a globalized marketplace.
UHD’s international business concentration curriculum is a blend of business operation and management studies and cross-cultural international business theories education. The university also offers minors in international business, economics, management information systems, accounting, and finance.
UHD is recognized as a competent institution for higher education by the SACSCOC. It offers financial assistance options to students through federal and state grants, loans, scholarships, and military and veteran benefits.
Common Courses Offered in Online International Business Degree Programs
While all bachelor’s in international business programs lead to the same degree, the curriculum of each of them is different and distinct from the rest. But if you wonder why international business graduates from different schools can speak the same language on the job, the answer is that almost all programs offer business core courses with similar content and substance but they may have different titles. These are the courses that are common to most bachelor in international business programs:
- Accounting. Accounting is an indispensable course in any business management program. It is the recording, processing, and reporting of internal and external transactions of a business enterprise.
- Business Communication. This course refers to the exchange of information between employees, employees, and customers, or employees and vendors or sub-contractors. It is the means people in an organization use to interact with one another to accomplish organizational goals.
- Finance. It is another important business course, as it deals with the study of the management of money, capital assets, and investments.
- Fundamentals of International Management. This course teaches you about strategies and practices for managing the operations of a company that does business in more than one country.
- Human Resource Management. This course makes you learn strategies to manage people in an organization and encourages them to do their part to help the business succeed.
- International Marketing & Sales. It provides you with the knowledge and ability to implement a company’s programs in a foreign market. It covers topics such as advertising, production and sales, and research and development.
- Supply Chain Management. This course focuses on the management of one crucial element of international business: Procuring quality production materials and delivering quality products at the right time, in the right quantity, and at the least possible cost. It is closely related to international logistics.
- International Business Law. It’s a course that immerses you in the study of several legal topics associated with international business. These include international commercial transactions, licensing, taxation, and tariffs. Any international business program may look incomplete without it.
Common Career Paths for Graduates of Bachelor’s in International Business Programs
A degree in international business can provide you with diverse job opportunities across several sectors and industries. Here are the top career opportunities for holders of Bachelor of international business degrees.
- Auditor. An auditor is responsible for reviewing the financial records of a business organization and reporting findings to top-level management, the government, and other concerned parties. Average annual salary: $78,000
- Public Relations Manager. A public relations manager is responsible for building and maintaining a company’s good image and reputation. He makes this possible through carefully planned PR strategies, publicity campaigns, and press releases. A PR manager is also responsible for establishing relationships with the public as well as the company’s investors and clients. Average Annual Salary: $125,620
- Advertising Manager. An advertising manager plans and manages the creation and execution of promotional campaigns. He coordinates with the finance and marketing departments to ensure funding of their campaigns and see to it that are able to deliver these campaigns at the appointed time. Average Annual Salary: $138,730
- Logistics Manager. A logistics manager is responsible for tracking the movement of the company’s raw materials and supplies. He also takes charge of soliciting proposals negotiating contracts with carriers, and monitoring inbound and outbound deliveries. A logistics manager may also act as a warehouse and inventory control officer. Average Annual Salary: $77,520
- Marketing Manager. The primary job of marketing managers is to plan, develop, and implement strategies to expand a company’s customer base and market share. Aside from promoting their company and its products, marketing managers also study competition to identify competitor strengths and find gaps in the competitor’s strategies that they can fill to catch the attention of their target audience. Average Annual Salary: $140,040
- Foreign Exchange Trader. Forex traders manage a company’s foreign currency transactions in the international market. They are also responsible for maintaining a business organization’s foreign currency position, conducting foreign exchange transactions, and providing professional advice to clients engaged in international business regarding market trends and probabilities. Average Annual Salary: $67,480
- Supply Chain Manager. Supply chain managers direct the planning and execution of a company’s supply chain strategies. They monitor the logistics operations, take charge of the company’s inventory control and ensure that there are no bottlenecks in the movement of materials from procurement to the delivery of finished products. Average Annual Salary: $98,560
- Logistician. A logistician is a person responsible for monitoring the movement of incoming materials and outgoing products manufacturing or service-oriented installation. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 18% growth in the employment of logisticians from 2022 to 2032. This growth will trigger the availability of 38,300 logistician jobs each year for the same period. Average Annual Salary: $77,520
Essential Skills of International Business Graduates
In order to succeed as an international business professional, students in the bachelor’s in international business degree programs need to accumulate international business knowledge and develop specific skills to become efficient in the performance of their jobs. Here are the essential skills that you need to develop and hone before graduating from a bachelor’s in international business online program:
- Collaboration. The ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Networking. The ability to build rapport and good relations with local and international business professionals.
- Cultural Awareness. It refers to your acknowledgment or cognizance of the traditions, beliefs, language, culture, practices, etc., of the people in the place where you do business. Being aware of the culture and social norms of a place can help you avoid situations that can have a negative impact on a business transaction you’re trying to complete.
- Emotional Intelligence. It is the ability to control one’s own emotions, especially in situations that require calmness and composure. It is a valuable skill that every business professional needs to exercise to maintain their decision-making abilities.
- Motivation and Resilience. It is the ability to stay inspired and willing to start again despite setbacks. Work in international business is demanding and challenging. It can compel you to work ungodly hours because it makes you work with people across different time zones. However, if you stay motivated and resilient, you will soon reap the benefits of your efforts.
Did you know? Michael Jordan became the GOAT that he is because he kept practicing even when the rest were sleeping!
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the primary benefit of studying International Business?
Studying international business prepares you for diverse career and business opportunities not only in the US but in other countries.
Is there a high demand for graduates of International Business undergraduate degrees?
Yes. Career opportunities in supply chain management, global procurement, international marketing, international finance, and other areas of international business are in demand. Many US companies are expanding their operations in other countries to take advantage of lesser production costs.
How many years do students need to complete a Bachelor’s degree in International Business?
The typical bachelor’s in international business is a 120-credit program. It can be completed in four years.
What is the difference between International and Global businesses?
A company that operates manufacturing facilities and distribution centers in many countries engages in global business. An international business, on the other hand, is a company with facilities only in the US but sells its products worldwide.
Yes. International logistics is an indispensable aspect of international business. Many companies use logistics to reduce costs and benefit from the skills and specialized equipment of logistics companies in different parts of the world.